Thursday, December 26, 2013

Holiday cheer

Having cancer and recent surgery caused us to host the holidays via hotel. While I might feel slightly guilty over placing the relatives in commercial space, the hotel came with a pool and my sister's family and parents enjoyed this.  And we had a lovely day, with presents galore for the those under 13.  Skateboard shoes, books, seal stuffed animals, Monster High movie, barbie, ammo books, rubber snake, sparkly pyrite filled the living room. 

My husband and I feel that we already have gotten our present.  The kindness of many has filled our stockings since June. 

I am now back to full time work, and glad to be.  My schedule should be back to predictable by January, including my volunteer clinic at Wakemed for those without insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment