Wednesday, April 16, 2014

one last hurdle (hopefully)

I have been rather delinquent in keeping up the blog, mainly because I have returned to the land of the living. I eat dinner, jog a mile, clean up guinea pig poop, lose my keys, the usual stuff.  Next Tuesday, I am going to have the 2nd mastectomy (remove the normal breast). One might ask why, and I would only say that I never, let me restate that, I NEVER, want to have chemo again.  And there is no indication that I have or will have cancer in the other breast.

But, of course, it is not that simple. First, the anesthesiologist. This is the divine being that did a block, numbed the left side of my chest, and allowed me to breeze through surgery the lst time. She is available, but 9 months pregnant. So, if her baby hangs in there, she is going to do the block. If not, I will put the surgery off until she is available.   

My spouse and I are fairly blase. After someone stole my identity, filed a false tax return as me, and ran with the money, I just have to juggle a few forms to the IRS, Federal Trade Commission, credit bureaus, before surgery.  My son just returned from the DC field trip, and my daughter has a talent show rehearsal the day of surgery. Ted is taking1/2 day, thinking it will all be as easy as the other one.

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment