Monday, October 14, 2013

turning the corner

Finally returning to the land of the living today.  Can walk some. The drain was clogged and so I had to go to the hardware store.  I asked at the front of the store, where to find Draino.  They said Aisle 26. It came out like a slow motion, low pitched moan in my head, kind of like one encounters at a fast food speaker. I leaned over to peak out the hallway, and sure enough, there were 26 aisles.  But there was no time limit on getting there and back.  Sooooow iiiiiiin sloooooow mooootion, I walked all the way there and aaaaaaall theeeeeee waaaaay baaaaack.  I had to hold the rail to get to the car, but no one saw. 

My 12 year old son called, since he is on the way 9 hours to Georgia with his grandma. He said they were on the side of the road in Asheville with a flat tire.  I said, "are you kidding?" And he said, "yes". Many thanks to his grandmommy for her help and for taking him to the farm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment