Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chemo today (#4 out of 6)


Something about losing my hair makes me look younger. Last night I had to do one more surgery before chemo, and, after a board meeting at school. All of a sudden, the volunteer at the patient waiting room desk of the hospital says, “and who are you?” Like when I really was younger. I have tell her, “I am the surgeon, looking for the family of so-and-so?” I suppose because of the grey, they had stopped asking me that 5 years ago.

Chemo today. Lots of drugs…that make me write sappy thank you cards. But I sure am thankful.  Last night ate homemade chicken pot pie from a teacher colleague of my husband's. With real vegetables. It was awesome. Never in my life have I received so much kindness.  I really am not worthy.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment