Saturday, September 7, 2013

For the past 10 days I think I have consumed about 500 calories a day.  Even a dumb orthopedist can figure out that I am going to have to do better. And not for lack of effort on Ted’s part.  Yesterday I went to the huge Wakemed cafeteria at breakfast and I said to me, “you can have anything you want.” I came out with a boiled egg. And I ate it. 

Friday evening, this bakery opened just down the street. We figured we would walk the dog, and go see. But about 6:30pm, there came this vibration through the floor. We live very close to a college, and thought maybe it was some nighttime party activity.  We put the leash on and headed out. It turns out that as part of the this music festival called Hopscotch, there was an improvisational concert where 8 drummers with full sets and many guitarists followed this leader who would give direction or hold up a paper that said F#, and they would just make improvised music. It was fabulous. The bakery was packed!  I saw thirty year old single folks from the hospital out walking. Wearing my hip and artsy bandana I realized that for a short moment, we were part of the cool people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment