Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Day 2 after surgery

Doing really well overall. I did get puny yesterday afternoon, but ate a little dinner. I have only taken 2 pain pills since the surgery. I just don't need them.  I still have the drains in, which I have to empty every so often.  My spouse put a big wrap on me this am (ace wraps), which I hope will slow the drainage and it feels good. I cannot help but think of the Darius Rucker song, with slight word change, "wrap me baby like a wagon wheel".

As luck would have it, my 8 year old, while home with strep throat, was feeling well enough to do more cartwheels in the living room.   I think she broke her lst metatarsal. So in addition to getting ace wraps at my office, my husband also had to get a wee-walker boot for her to wear so she could walk and go to school. 

We have, overall, been awash in gifts and dinners and kindness.  Our house smells so good from all the flowers. And the dinners overflow from the fridge. 

So far I am significantly better than with chemo. I think I have no blood, a little light headed, weak. But not like weak from chemo. I can walk, for one.  And my taste is almost back to normal. A little low grade nausea, but I think just left over chemo stuff that is getting better.

Friday I see patients for 2 hours - nothing strenuous.  Monday, Tues, Wed I have 1/2 days of clinic. And I see the surgeon and the oncologist for follow up visits next week and receive the lst dose of what we call, "chemo light".

No comments:

Post a Comment