Saturday, August 17, 2013

I am back into having energy.  It is great. Taste still screwed up, but I can live with that.  Carried books up and down the stairs yesterday, and did fine.  Chemo also does weird things to your smell.  My child found this spray cologne somewhere in my stuff and it smells so bad. It might smell bad ordinarily, I just cannot tell, but it smells really bad now.  And at 8, her quantitative measures of amount that is desirable are questionable. I catch her in the mirror with puffs of droplets landing on her hair, arms, even the dog.  I try to love on her, but just get nauseated.  Now that I am sensitized, one molecule lifts my radar. I hid it in the cabinet, but she found it.  I think I will put it where she would never look - in her shoes on living room floor, in her laundry basket, with the healthy food in the cabinet.  In the bathroom, I smell water damage. Is it the old, or is it new?  In the kitchen I smell smoke. Is it my cheese toast on fire today or just yesterdays burn. But then yesterday, I went into the operating rooms (after being out for a while), and when I entered the orthopedic cluster (4 rooms where we do most of our stuff), that familiar smell of the ortho operating rooms hit me. I have never thought of that area as having its own smell, but it did. And it was welcome, like home, and pleasant. It was great to be back there.

No comments:

Post a Comment