Friday, August 23, 2013



We went to my daughter's meet-the-teacher. Because I feel so good and normal, I have been working like a Banshee.  I was so busy, in fact, that I forgot to switch my “Aunt Jemima” bandana scarf for the attractive “so nobody notices” wig.  I plow down the road with the windows open, only to have my son chime up from the back that I forgot to wear my hair.  Darn it. The only one who cares is my daughter. 

We get home, and I am in the front yard letting the dog go chase a squirrel. The weather is great and I finally feel good.  I see the neighbor bringing their dog out the front door. And then I realize that I forgot my hair and my scarf, and am totally bald in the front yard. I panic, but quickly adopt an “I am on a mission” stance, and walk deliberately back to the corner where the dog appears to be pooping.  I don’t know if they know (about why I am bald), and I don’t want them to call the police because a bald man/woman is in our yard checking out our dog pooping.  I just stand behind the bushes.  For a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment