Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday after vacation



My cousin brought the “living room on wheels”, a Chevy Yukon rental to the beach. Basically he drove 13 hours just to be able to bring their Boxer, Nutmeg.  But it was worth it! For the pet fee, we squished in an aged pug, our hyena Eliza, Nutmeg, and the guinea pig.  On Friday, after maximum fun was had, we piled the pets, kids, me and my cousin into the living-room-on-wheels and drove back home. Upon entering the house, we found a dead animal, brown, furry and lifeless. Oh wait, that is my hair that we shaved off before we left. I saved it to send to Locks of Love.
 
Reality creeps back in when I realize that I have to start the pre-medication steroids for chemo today. I should be the Roger Clemens of laundry by evening, right? Small clinic planned for Tuesday, then off for the rest of the week.

Thanks to the many, many who have done so much. I really am not worthy of all this.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment